Clothing woes - The Lyorn's Den — LiveJournal
Mon May. 24th, 2010
07:36 pm - Clothing woes
I'm going through my wardrobe again, and it breaks my heart to throw out (i.e. give to charity) stuff that is hardly worn, brand-name, good quality, great looking, only three sizes too large.
Keep it, for when the weight comes back?
Give it to charity?
Try to sell it to a second-hand store?
Spam all my friends if they want it?
Just in case, does anyone want:
- black linen trousers, size 48 [about 38 inches waist]
- grey-beige linen trousers, size 46, long [about 36 inches waist]
- an eggshell silk/cotton blouse size 50 [about 46 inches bust]
- black comfy mostly wool trousers (elastic waistband) size 48
- happily-striped seersucker blouse/tunic, mostly orange/white/blue, size 50
- dead-elegant with a side of goth black velvet ankle-length skirt and long-sleeved jacket, size 44/46
- green-grey tweed-looking blazer, size 50
- Levis 527 (boot cut), pale blue, W34, L30
ETA: It's done. Two more boxes marked for "going out" (I listed only the really good things above, not the 25 Euro four-years-old-but-OK stuff). I am now in the land of abundant clotheshangers and half-empty wardrobes. Among the "going out", but not in a box are the Big Cat Memorial T-Shirts, which have the kinds of holes that happen when you cuddle an enthusiastic, sharp-clawed, 15 lbs cat that loves you very much. Putting so much cotton which should be recyclable in the trash makes me unhappy.