Memery - The Lyorn's Den
Wed Jul. 14th, 2010
12:31 am - Memery
The "I write like" meme: http://iwl.me/
Another ETA: Making Light strongly suspects that this is bait prepared by a vanity publisher. I didn't even see any "rest of the text". Advanced case of filtering, I guess.
(Note: Be careful if you follow the below links, the design is what I thought cool in the heyday of Geocities. Protect your eyes.)
I fed it nearly all of the stories I had written in English, and got
- Chuck Palahniuk for Burning Bright, for an attempt at Highlander fanfic, and for a fragment inspired by reading too much Torchwood fic.
- Isaac Asimov for an OC deathfic with dark romance, cosmic powers and deals with devils.
- James Joyce for Collisions in Time. (WTF?)
- Stephen King for First We Take The Fridge... (ROTFL)
- J. K. Rowling for The Black Dragon's Son (that actually makes sense)
- Dan Brown for A Winter's Tale (I'm really wondering about the algorithm now)
Summa summarum, inconclusive. Which is good as far as I am concerned.
Moar ETA: If I paste in Charles Stross' "Overtime", it says "Chuck Palahniuk". On Gaiman's "We Can Get Them For You Wholesale" it say "H.P. Lovecraft". It correctly recognises the first three pages from "The King of the Golden Hall" as Tolkien.
Son of ETA: They are playing around wit it on Making Light.
In other news, Snow and I fenced in the rest of the balcony today. It looks very chickenwire-y. Cats are outside now, enjoy the cool and wait for moths to hunt.
ETA: Link. Dear History Channel your programs on the so-called "World War II" are completely unrealistic