Boringly busy - The Lyorn's Den
Wed May. 2nd, 2007
05:19 pm - Boringly busy
Not that I am bored, quite (as usual) the reverse. Only, I have little time for writing and hardly done anything worth writing about. So this post is me keeping track of events, and probably boring as hell.
So far I have:
- Sat through the showdown of a Cyberpunk 2020 adventure and tried to keep my mouth shut as my character wasn't there. (20th)
- Tried out a recumbent bicycle (21st). That was quite interesting, and if I still had long distances to drive on straight roads I would probably go for it... or maybe not, as I'm not sure my slightly damaged back would like it. However, as I want something agile and easy to handle for city driving, I'll probably go for a more traditional frame.
- Got my hair cut (21st). It looks much darker now with all the faded ends gone.
- Bought a new scratching post (still lying in my car as I cannot get it upstairs without help), applied for a new ID card, had photos taken and went to the comic book shop after half a year of absence. (23rd)
- Took my cat-sitters out for dinner (24th). My car, loaded not only with five people, but also with 40 kilos of scratching-post-in-a-box was riding very low -- especially on the way back!
- Taken Big Cat to the vet (27th). Unless I want to submit my poor cat to an awful lot of medical attention, he'll just have to keep taking his pain meds and I have to keep hoping that he'll be OK. He is down to 5 kg, and it feels very strange, there being so little of him.
- Made three short trips (15th, 22nd and May 1st) into the hills, saw two caves, several grottos, a lot of woodland, one castle, one ruin, the rocks which I had seen for eight years from my balcony up close, the cherry trees in bloom, several waterfalls and countless butterflys and squirrels. While my stamina hasn't become any better, my sense of balance has.
- Had the pictures I took in California developed, and discovered that the lab (or Kodak) had put in far too much blue, making California look like Austria. Grrr.
- Got an appointment at the dentist. (The horror!)
- Got an appointment to have my car checked. I strongly consider buying a new used car, though. Right now they have one at the shop that I'd be interested in: same as mine, only 7 years, 100K km younger and 25 horsepower stronger. Same gas mileage. 10K Euro. Hm.
- Got my travel expenses back.